Holistic Interior Design Advanced Diploma
This level is the equivalent of a post-graduate Professional Diploma for practicing designers and professionals working in associated fields only. Please go to the Holistic Interior Design Diploma course if you are not already working in colour, decor or design industry.
Holistic interiors and eco-design is a fast growing area of architecture and interior design in general, so designers who offer a more caring and environmentally friendly approach are in a good position in a competitive market. We support our graduates by giving them one year free membership of HDI that is good to add to your CV, and we have a referral system too.
Interior Design training has for some time lagged behind current trends, so this course reflects the shift of emphasis that has taken place over the last decade. This advanced Holistic Interior Design professional Diploma course addresses a need for designers and decorators to take a more environmentally responsible and humanistic approach to interior spaces. This course extends your knowledge base and offers you new skills that allows you to create harmonious homes and work spaces that are eco-friendly but also beautiful and nurturing to the people who use them. Practicing designers will find this course allows them to use their talents in a new way and to offer their clients a more personalised service.
- The Holistic Designer and environmental psychology
- Healthy House Check - Sick Building Syndrome
- EMF - Dowsing for energy disturbances
- De-cluttering, perfect layouts and creating flow using practical Feng Shui
- SAD, (Seasonal Affective Disorder) Natural Light and Clean air
- Renewable energy systems- Solar power, Heat pumps, Photovoltaic
- The subtle environment - Water, Aroma and Sound to enhance well-being
- Colour Therapy and environmentally friendly paints
- Using natural materials, re-cycling and up-cycling furniture
- The importance of shape, proportion and Sacred geometry
- The do’s and don’ts of windows and doors/ Window dressing
- Sympathetic Interior Design for old buildings
- Holistic Living spaces using eco-materials
- Digesting life in relaxing eating and dining areas
- Bedrooms and bathrooms as Sanctuaries
- Natural interiors. Garden rooms and work spaces - connecting with nature
- Working free-lance, create and grow a successful design business ( includes setting up, expanding, quotes and charges, PR, marketing tips, business planning).
This course has been specially designed for home study by our principal Suzy Chiazzari, who is an experienced Holistic interior design consultant and Associate Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
An HDI diploma in Holistic Interior Design will be awarded to students who obtain 70% or more in a self-administered examination and have satisfactorily completed a design project from a choice given at the end of the course.
Awarded by the Holistic Design Institute, which is a UKRLP registered and insured Learning Provider. Advanced Diploma graduates can use the initials Ad.Dip. HDI (Holistic Interior Design) after their names and are given free full membership of HDI for one year and included on our recommended practitioner’s list.
UK design graduates can join the British Institute of Interior Designers as an Associate member or apply for full membership depending how many years work experience you have. Once a member you will be able to use the BIID logo.
In the USA HDI graduates can join the IDS Interior Design Society in USA, as an associate member, but may be eligible for Professional membership depending on previous qualifications and work experience. We are also listed on international education platforms like learn4good.com
Please note that self-employed interior designers can claim professional training against tax and employed interior designers/decorators may be sponsored by their employer or business.