Holistic Interior Design Diploma
Natural Interior Design for Harmony and Health
This is a totally different approach to Interior Design that is in keeping with the growing need to create beautiful stress free home and work interiors where individuals and businesses can thrive. It focuses on creating beautiful harmonious and natural designs that improve the health and well-being of the occupants. The role of our environment in our physical and mental well-being has for too long been ignored so Holistic Interior Design emphasises the importance of creating eco-friendly interiors that are meaningful, life-supporting and in harmony with the individuals who will be using them.
Holistic Interior Design is a specialist distance learning training course. You will learn how to engage sensitively and responsibly with the local environment, the building itself and the needs of the occupants, enhancing the flow with harmonious layouts, using natural materials and the elements of Light, Colour, Aroma and Sound. You will also learn how to create beautiful mood boards to inspire and turn your ideas into reality as well as how to re-purpose furniture and furnishings, use intuitive Zen design and Wabi-Sabi beauty and natural living. Our holistic design course is regularly updated, keeping abreast with the latest information and trends.
With the growth in environmental and sustainable health concerns there is also a growing demand around the world for advisory services in this field. No previous Interior Design training is needed although this holistic interiors course compliments and extends traditional Interior design study. Practising designers will find this course allows them to use their talents in a new way and to offer their clients a more personalised service. If you are an architect, designer or working in a related field we recommend you take the advanced level course.
16 Lessons by email, CD or workbooks (last option in the UK only)
- Introduction to Holistic design and environmental psychology.
- Healthy House check and how to create a healthy home.
- Home design with Wabi-sabi and Zen principles
- Geomancy - Dowsing for energy disturbances
- How to declutter, improve flow and create good layouts.
- The importance of light, air and sustainable energy
- The subtle environment - Water, Aroma and Sound
- Colour Therapy and environmentally friendly paints
- Using natural materials, up-cycling and repurposing furniture
- The do’s and don’ts of windows and doors/window dressing
- Sympathetic Interior Design for old buildings
- Designing harmonious, eco-friendly living spaces
- Digesting life in relaxing eating and dining areas
- Creating relaxing bedrooms and bathrooms as sanctuaries
- Garden rooms and patios - Connecting with nature
- Starting up a Design Consultancy. Healthy design options for businesses and work environments
Assessment and Qualification
An HDI accredited International diploma will be awarded to students who obtain 70% or more in a self-administered examination and have satisfactorily completed a minor design project from a choice given at the end of the course.
Diploma students can use the initials Dip. HDI (Holistic. Design) after their names and are given free full membership of HDI for one year and included on our International recommended practitioner’s list and receive a members badge.
After two years work experience you can apply for Associate Membership of the BIID British Society of Interior Designers and progress towards full membership. (Please note you will be required to submit case studies).
A note just in from a student in New York. USA. Thank you! I had so much fun doing the final project and am so excited for this certification and to spread the the holistic interior design word! GM.
Please note that due to the high demand for this course we are limiting numbers. Please check availability with the school before enrolling.